The DISC Assessment or DISC Profile (often called a DISC Personality Test) is a behavioral tool that measures "How" we act. DISC is a universal and observable language of "How" you do what you do!
You've identified someone as a "High C" DISC behavior style...what now? You adapt your behavior style to communicate in a manner which is preferred by that person. How?
Here are some tips for making communications with a "High C" DISC behavior style (slower-speaking, analytical, cautious, deliberate, etc.) more effective:
- Be neat, organized and thoroughly prepared.
- Be direct and straightforward.
- Have a logical, systematic approach.
- Provide details, facts and statistics, as well as pros and cons.
- Take your time. Be persistent, but be sincere.
- As with "High S's", minimize risk by providing guarantees.
- Be realistic...don't oversell!
- Follow-up and follow-through as agreed upon.
- Start early and anticipate a longer sales cycle, as they will be deliberate and thorough with any decision.
Remember, this is not about conning and manipulation. It is about adapting your behavior/communication style in an effort to have the most effective communications with another behavior style and achieve a win/win outcome.
Know your team's behavior styles? Ready to incorporate assessments into your coaching or hiring process? Call 843-628-3974or contact us today!