Previous Posts in this series:
Through the years, most of my coaches and motivational mentors have stressed the importance of WRITTEN GOALS, but I didn't learn this secret until I met Brian Tracy and became an executive coach and business coach.
KEY #2 TO INCREASING YOUR VALUE AND INCOME: Re-write your major goals daily.
I've been writing a lot about goal setting recently, but for the purposes of this post, why don't we just listen to the master himself:
Recap of the 10 Goal Method
Each morning before you get out of bed or just before retiring at night – or maybe at both times – take your journal, write the date at the top of a new page, and write at least ten goals you would like to accomplish in the next year. Use these four primary areas of life as your guide: Health and Fitness, Family and Personal, Business and Career, and Financial Independence.
- Write each goal in the first person; i.e. “I”.
- Write each goal in the present tense, as though it has already been achieved; e.g.” I have a net worth of $5 million”.
- Write each goal using an active verb; e.g. I am, I earn, I weigh, I have and so on.
- Write each goal as a positive statement; e.g. “I am free of nicotine” as opposed to “I do not smoke.” You cannot motivate with a negative.
- Write each goal with deadline; e.g. "I earn $500,000 by 12/31/2016."
- Write at least ten goals daily and more if you wish.